Relief Domestic Violence Shelter Advocate
Assist survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking at YWCA's Emergency Shelter through trauma informed servce delivery.
We are looking for someone with a lot of flexibility that will be able to pic up overnight shifts (weekdays & weekends) and assist with weekend coverage as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer 24-hour crisis hotlines (Domestic Violence Hotlines, Sexual Assault Hotlines, Oklahoma State Safeline, and shelter business lines) and make consistent, appropriate decisions regarding referral, safety planning and linking to emergency shelters utilizing professional discretion and judgment.
- Assist survivors with safety planning and intentions for entering shelter by analyzing, interpreting and deducing active and potential lethality risk factors.
- Complete admission and initial intake assessments with survivors entering the shelter.
- Document appropriate information in the shelter Pass-On electronic file, recording significant events on each shift worked.
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of sensitive information related to residents and programs.
- Complete discharge procedures, update client data and review referrals and safety plans with clients as appropriate.
- Maintain a friendly, safe environment for all shelter residents by following YWCA policies and procedures related to safety of residents and property, and responding to resident conflicts and grievances.
Qualifications and Skills:
A minimum of two years college is required; Associates Degree is preferred. Two years experience in related field is preferred. Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with others and following oral/written instructions are required. Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills are required. Basic knowledge of computers is preferred.
Domestic Violence Field Advocate
The YWCA Oklahoma City is currently seeking a Domestic Violence Field Advocate. We are seeking a dynamic professional who is energetic, creative, takes initiative, proactively builds relationships and performs as a solid team member. The Domestic Violence Field Advocate will provide risk assessment, advocacy, safety planning, support, and crisis intervention for victims of domestic violence at various locations in the community. Other duties may include conducting comprehensive intakes and assessments and facilitating education and support groups.
A Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Service field is strongly preferred, minimally an Associate’s Degree in Crime Victim Services or Social Service field is required. One year full time experience working in the domestic violence field preferred, bilingual skills preferred. Strong listening, verbal and written communication and organizational skills are required. The position will require some evening and occasional weekend work and schedule flexibility to meet the needs of our clients. Additionally, this position may office offsite.
Adult Counselors needed to provide crisis intervention and individual/group counseling for adult victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Training in domestic violence, sexual assault and trauma is provided.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or related field. Current Oklahoma licensure is preferred, i.e. LPC/LMFT/LCSW/LBP. Under LPC supervision will be considered. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience and training in trauma counseling would be beneficial. Bilingual preferred but not required.
Relief Sexual Assault Advocate
The YWCA Oklahoma City is currently seeking a part-time Sexual Assault Advocate. We are seeking a dynamic professional, who is energetic, takes initiative, proactively builds and maintains relationships, and demonstrates appropriate decision making skills. The Relief Sexual Assault Advocate Staff provides emotional support, advocacy and crisis intervention to primary and secondary victims of sexual assault and victims of domestic violence at hospitals. This position requires being available to be on call and respond to the hospital between 6pm-6am M-F and all day Saturday and Sunday to serve as back-up call for volunteer advocates. These hours will be shared with other Sexual Assault Advocates.
Associate’s Degree required and one year of related SA/DV experience preferred. Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills are required along with good crisis management and problem solving skills.
Administrative Assistant-Development Department
Provide database, administrative and clerical support to the development team and provide coverage of the reception desk as required.
- Input, update, and manage all information in the donor database system
- Enter all financial & gift in-kind donations into database
- Generate all thank you letters for financial contributions & specified gifts in-kind
- Produce monthly donor reports
- Assist with all major fundraising events & other events to include donor appreciation, development/PR, or specified agency efforts
- Maintain a filing system for donor/development records
- Provide coverage at the reception desk as required
- Attend meetings & assist with other duties as requested
Minimum of AA degree preferred. Five years office experience with two years in a similar position. Some college classes related to position or Administrative Assistant Seminars preferred. Skills required include: Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, exceptional writing skills with the ability to grasp complex concepts and to produce clear, easily understandable documents, advanced organization and prioritization, very strong problem solving abilities and precise attention to detail and deadlines.
To Apply for any of the above listings please:
· Document appropriate information in the shelter Pass-On electronic file, recording significant events on each shift worked.